Using the Senior Bus During the COVID pandemic
· The bus is available for medical appointments and shopping. No social trips are scheduled for the foreseeable future.
· No more than 2 riders may ride the bus at one time. Masks must be worn; you may bring a caregiver with you.
· Medical appointment transportation is available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. Appointments must be scheduled between 9:00 am and 2:00 pm.
· The bus can transport you to medical appointments in Woodbury, Southbury, Middlebury and Watertown only. Other towns will be added over time.
· We cannot guarantee you a ride until you speak with us. With capacity limits and a large geographic area to cover, we will be limited in how many people we can transport each day.
· We will require a contact number we can reach while you are at the medical appointment. Also, please do not plan to run other errands when booking a medical appointment, unless you discuss this with the driver.
Please know that
· The driver will be wearing a mask. All riders must also wear a mask while entering and riding the bus.
· Safety measures are been taken in the bus, including cleaning and sanitizing the bus before and after each ride.
· Seating is limited to one passenger or only members of one immediate household per row. We will be skipping rows to ensure social distancing.
· You will be screened before entering the bus, including having your temperature taken. If you have a temperature of greater than 100.3 F, you will not be able to enter the bus. In addition, you will be asked to confirm you have not experienced any COVID-19 symptoms such as: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, loss of taste or smell, sore throat or severe headache.
· Our bus is wheelchair-lift equipped. If you require personal assistance, you may bring someone with you.
· Senior bus service is curb-to-curb. We cannot go into your home nor leave the bus to come into the medical building with you.
· For shopping: use a shopping service online or by email and let the supplies come to you! Or ask a family member or friend to assist you
· For medical appointments: many doctors are using telehealth services, where you connect over the phone or using a computer. Call your doctor for more information. The Center can help you make an online reservation for telehealth or urgent care; call us.
* Uber and Lyft are ride sharing services in this area as well if you must go out. If you have a smartphone, download the Uber or Lyft app to get started. The Center can teach you how to use this service.
Please note: All protocols are subject to change without notice